CITB/City & Guilds Safety Courses
CITB is the Industry Training Board for the construction industry and a partner in Construction Skills, the Sector Skills Council.
CITB is the industry training board for the construction sector in England, Scotland and Wales.
Thier job is to help the construction industry attract talent and to support skills development, to build a better Britain.
An executive non-departmental public body in charge of our budget and activities. Sponsored by the Department for Education, accountable to government ministers, and ultimately Parliament.
To support British construction:
- Target knowledge and resources to develop a world-class workforce for the challenges of today and tomorrow.
- Look to get the best new talent by promoting construction for its exciting and rewarding career opportunities.
- Work with industry to ensure training standards and qualifications are right for its needs.
- Strive to provide employers with the training they want for their people when they want it.
- Look to make it easy for levy-paying firms to get funding for innovation and skills development.
- Talk and listen to industry, to research and survey, to question and analyse so that we can stay ahead of change and respond to the sector’s evolving needs.