SSTS - Site Supervisors Safety Training - 2 Days
SSSTS Site Supervisor
SITE SUPERVISIORS SAFETY TRAINING - 2 DAYS - SITE SAFETY PLUS
Who should attend?
This course is for first line managers, those who have or are about to acquire supervisory responsibilities. It provides an introduction to health and safety, welfare and environmental issues for those requiring an understanding of their legal responsibilities that are relevant to their work activities. It will also provide a sound knowledge base to enable them to give valuable assistance in safety managing a construction site.
Course Aims and Objectives
To ensure that all these given supervisory responsibilities understand:
- Why they are carrying out their identified duties.
- What is expected of them.
- How to identify hazards and implement control measures
- To ensure that they contribute to the safety of the workplace.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the problems of the industry.
- Have an understanding of how health and safety law is structured.
- Identify how their supervisory role fits in with the manager in controlling the site safety.
- Carry out risk assessments and understand the needs for method statements
- Understand what is meant by proactive and reactive monitoring and appreciate their needs.
The course is held over two days. The method of assessment will be via a multiple choice question paper at the end of the course as well as being expected to be interactive during the course. Delegates will also develop and present a toolbox talk.