IPAF MAST CLIMBER - Operator
IPAF MAST CLIMBER - Operator
- Mast Climbing Work Platforms ( MCWP) are increasingly being used in the construction industry as temporary working places giving variable height access to specific areas of structures above ground level.
- In many cases they are more convenient to use that other forms of access equipment such as ladders, scaffolding, staging or suspended cradles (swing stage)
- Training is available on client premises - provided you have suitable facilities and number of delegates.
To provide instructions to a Trainee that will enable him/her to become a qualified Operator of various types of Mast Climbing Work Platforms (MCWP), including safe use practices and knowledge regarding the potential hazards associated with use as well as methods to avoid known hazards post familiarisation.
At the end of the course the candidate will:
- Understand the relevant health and safety regulations, guidance and standards.
- Be able to identify and select the correct form of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) against falls from height when working from a MEWP or MCWP.
- Understand how to check, use, maintain and store a harness and lanyard in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
- Be able to fit and adjust a harness and lanyard.
- Be able to conduct a periodic or an interim inspection on a harness and lanyard used for restraint on a MEWP or MCWP.
- Be able to maintain associated records.
Successful candidates will receive a certificate of training, a ‘smart’ photo-ID card (both valid for 5 years), and a log book to keep a record of operating experience
- Instructor led training and assessment of the required modules would take ½ day including theory and practical sessions.
eLearning is not currently available for this course
No prior knowledge is required for this course
You will need to bring suitable PPE including
- Safety Footwear,
- Safety Helmet and chin strap
- Hi-Visibility vest or coat.
- Warm clothing should also be brought in cold weather.
- Where harnesses are necessary (normally with any boom-type machine) we can either lend you one on the day, or you can buy one as part of the MEWP Operators Safety Kit.
This course is run in English. Anyone attending this course must be able to read and understand safety notices, course literature, test questions and answers, verbal instructions and manufacturer’s instruction manuals.
This need not preclude anyone from attending providing adequate measures can be put into place to take account of any difficulties, in some instances and interpretor can be present during the training.
They should also be reasonably fit and in good health, with no uncorrected issues likely to endanger or hinder themselves, or anyone else at the training venue. have no problems with eyesight or hearing, fear of heights, or be under the influence of alcohol or drugs
If you have any doubts, please call the training department on 0333 666 1881 and we will advise you as to what we are able to offer.