Safety Harness Rescue Course
The selection, inspection, setup and use of harness rescue/evacuation equipment
To enable a delegate to select, setup, inspect and use the following items of rescue/evacuation equipment.
- Auto Descender, Including Reciprocal use for Multiple Evacuations using Ridgegear Descender RGR9
- Vertical Rescue System (remote rescue) using Ridgegear RGR3
- Tandem Rescue System using Ridgegear RGR4
- Lightweight Rescue Ladder
Who will Benefit
All those in your organisation involved in planning, carrying out, supervising and managing rescues from height in the workplace.
Course Entry Requirements
Delegates attending this course should have a good level of literacy, be able to carry out a pre-use inspection of a full body harness/lanyard, and to correctly fit/adjust it. They should also be aware of the difference between Fall Arrest and Fall Restraint, and the common hazards associated with the use of personal fall protection equipment. We would recommend either our Foundation Harness Course, or the IPAF Harness Course as minimum entry qualifications for this course.
Safety Harness Rescue Course Content
- Requirements for Rescue (Work at Height Regulations 2005)
- Contents of Rescue Systems
- Site Considerations (anchor points, drop zones, general observations)
- Pre-use Inspections & Function Checks (including practical session)
- Setting up of Equipment (including practical session)
- Using Equipment for Evacuation and Rescue (including practical session)
Number of Delegates
The course is designed to accommodate a maximum of 6 candidates
Lectures, printed course material, practical demonstrations and hands-on exercises in inspecting, checking, setting up and using evacuation and rescue equipment using our specially built rescue training rig (currently available at our our London/Essex training centre).
Successful delegate will receive a Kingfisher Access/Ridgegear Competency Certificate.
Delegates need to bring their own safety footwear on the day, but suitable harnesses and rescue equipment will be supplied by us for use during the practical elements of the training.
This is a full one-day training course (typically 8.30am to 4.30pm).
Availability / Location
At present this course is only available at our London/Essex training centre.
£145 + VAT per person (includes registration fee, ID cards and a quality lunch).
Health & Fitness
For the safety of candidates and instructors alike, all candidates must be physically fit and in good health. They should not have problems with eyesight or hearing, heart disease, high blood pressure, epilepsy, giddiness or difficulty with balance, fear of heights or vertigo, mobility problems (hands, arms, feet, legs, hips, knees, back, neck, shoulders etc), alcohol or drug dependence, or psychiatric illness.