Work at Height Training Course
A full day course (typically 8.30am to 3.00pm) for anyone involved directly in working at height as well as those involved in planning, supervising or managing work at height.
The course takes a carefully structured look at:
- The legal duties imposed by the Work at Height Regulations 2005
- The risk assessment process - now required by law for all work at height
- The hierarchy of measures - a detailed look at avoidance, safe places of work, work equipment, fragile surfaces & danger areas
- A hands-on demonstration of some of the most common items of work equipment, including MEWPs (scissor lift, self-propelled boom and personnel lift), mobile access towers, podium, ladders and steps, and harnesses/lanyards to help you in selecting the most appropriate and cost effective work equipment.
The course includes a number of group exercises giving your staff hands-on experience of the practical skills necessary to:
- Carry out a Work at Height Risk Assessment
- Assess Safe Places of Work
- Select Appropriate and Cost-Effective Work Equipment
No previous experience necessary.
- Falls from Height – Statistics
- Background Legislation
- WAHR – Hierarchy & Risk Assessment
- Working at height options 1 – Safe Places Of Work
- GROUP EXERCISE 1 – Safe Places Of Work
- Working at Height Options 2 - Work Equipment
- Ladders & Steps
- GROUP EXERCISE 2 – Demo & Discussion (Work Equipment)
- GROUP EXERCISE 3: Risk Assessment/Equipment Selection
- Theory Paper + Review
- Course Evaluation + Close
Availability / Location
Because of the facilities and equipment necessary to run this course effectively it is normally only available at our London/Essex training centre, but we would naturally be pleased to discuss the possibility of running this course at your premises.
This course is available as an Open Course, allowing you to book places for individuals or small groups online with our 24/7 live booking system.