This course will take you through the legal duties imposed by the Work at Height Regulations 2005, and show you how risk assessment, guided by a hierarchical approach (safest first, top-down) can dramatically reduce unnecessary accidents when working at height.
Who Should Attend
Anyone who needs to develop the practical skills necessary to:
- Carry out a Work at Height Risk Assessment
- Assess Safe Places of Work
- Select Appropriate and Cost-Effective Work Equipment
How Many Per Course
Maximum 8 people
- Falls from Height – Statistics
- Background Legislation
- WAHR – Hierarchy & Risk Assessment
- Working at height options 1 – Safe Places Of Work
- GROUP EXERCISE 1 – Safe Places Of Work
- Working at Height Options 2 - Work Equipment
- Podiums/Low Level Access
- Ladders & Steps
- GROUP EXERCISE 2: Risk Assessment/Equipment Selection
- Theory test paper (pass/fail)
- Review & close
A full day course, typically 8.30 - 3.00
Courses held at our training centres include free hot and cold drinks, a quality lunch and free parking.
If successful, you will receive a Kingfisher certificate of competence and a photo ID card, both valid for 5 years.
As this is a classroom-based course, no PPE is required.
This course is run in English. Anyone attending this course must be able to read and understand safety notices, course literature, test questions and answers, verbal instructions and manufacturer’s technical literature.